by C5Damani (old head of the movement)
“How refreshing to consume words that have meaning and depth. In the great and honored tradition of wisdom literature and if there is anything that could be called instant wisdom, ‘nigga notes & quotes’ fills that void. This book may be the finest book of quotes, anecdotes, sayings and sage bromides any people struggling for human dignity and liberation will ever read.”Tanomar Akili Muumba
Black Poet Activist (Rest in Power)
when describing “nigga notes & quotes”*
– day five –
Today’s nnq quotes speak directly to the recent nonsensical and factually incorrect assertion made by pro-Trump, black conservative Candace Owens that Trump is “the one man who is standing up for black America.” The actual instances of Trump not “standing up for the Black community” are too many to list in exhaustion here but below are just a few:
- Taking a full page out in four New York city newspapers calling the execution of the Central Park Five (who were wrongly convicted)
- Never apologizing to the Central Park Five after they were exonerated of any and all charges
- His refusal to rent to black tenants and ensuing DOJ lawsuit against his company, Trump Management Corporation
- Trump’s rise to political relevance by pushing the racist birther lies against the first Black President, Barack Obama
- Trump questioning whether Obama was smart enough to actually attend and excel at Harvard
- Calling kneeling Black NFL players “sons of bitches”
- Calling Haiti and African countries “shithole countries”
- Calling Black US Congressman Maxine Waters, a “low IQ individual”
- Calling Black US Congresswomen Ilhan Omar and Ayanna Pressley “savages” in a tweet
- Telling Black US Congresswoman Ilhan Omar to “go back” to her country
- Refusing refugees from the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian
- etc., etc., etc.
So how anyone can say that he is “standing up for Black America” is comical at best and dangerous at worst. Dangerous because it masks and hides the real verifiable racism that Trump has and will continue to display toward Black brothers and sisters here in the USA and abroad.
Now I know someone… black Trump defenders… will say he has that lowest unemployment rate for Black America. While that data point might be true, it lacks the economic and historic contexts that many, many economists have stated… this low black unemployment number is simply a continuation of Obama-era policies.
I also know someone… black Trump defenders… will say that he signed criminal justice reform legislation into law and released some black folks from jail. Somewhat true again but these same people… black Trump defenders… fail to acknowledge and give former President Barack Obama his propers for releasing more brothers and sisters from jail with his crack cocaine sentence reductions and criminal justice reforms.
So again… to have the audacity… and to borrow a Stephen A. Smith phraseology… “the unmitigated gall, the temerity” to say Trump “stands up for Black America” is flat out false and delusional!
“…the oppressor always prefers to deal with the less radical, i.e. less dangerous, spokesperson for his subjects. He would prefer that his subjects had no spokesperson at all, or better yet, he wishes to speak for them himself. Unable to do this practically, he does the next best thing, and endorses spokeswoman who will allow him to speak through them to the masses. Paramount amongst his imperatives is to see to it that implacable spokesperson are never allowed to communicate their message to the masses.”author forgotten
“…what trips up the slave is trying to gain recognition and acceptance from the master.”author forgotten
*Since most of these quotes were collected prior to 1985 it means some of the authors of these quotes, I have simply forgotten… blame old age! (Ha) When the author is known, I will indicate it. When an author is not indicated, please forgive me and understand. Furthermore, this collection of quotes was first started as a personal endeavor never meant to be shared publicly thus the reason why some authors may not be indicated.